Maps I plan to fix (feel free to suggest)

Got a new map? Post it here!
tordana
Site Admin

Re: Maps I plan to fix (feel free to suggest)

Post by tordana » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:54 pm

Ah I misunderstood then Sheep. I thought you were talking about the /r or /s 1 teleports. Yes the fail teleports are built in.
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:52 am

Alright, I was sort of guessing you were talking about the timer commands, but I wanted to make sure.

Do you have a way, using Stripper, to raise the teleport entities by increasing the Z coordinance by 2 or so if you know the name of it? (australian stripper syncronization excluded).

Edit: The Deathly just published that he fixed many things on surf_simpson_source. I think it would be more wise for me to play it on the server first before putting it in the list so I know what there is left to fix and if its worth it. But I think the reason it got fix is because Donkey did bring it up, so thank you again Donkey for reporting it. :D
ziddia

Post by ziddia » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:59 am

Shadow Sheep wrote:Alright, I was sort of guessing you were talking about the timer commands, but I wanted to make sure.

Do you have a way, using Stripper, to raise the teleport entities by increasing the Z coordinance by 2 or so if you know the name of it? (australian stripper syncronization excluded).

Edit: The Deathly just published that he fixed many things on surf_simpson_source. I think it would be more wise for me to play it on the server first before putting it in the list so I know what there is left to fix and if its worth it. But I think the reason it got fix is because Donkey did bring it up, so thank you again Donkey for reporting it. :D
RE: raising teleport entities, I'm pretty sure it's possible since Deathly was able to move the moving platforms on simpsons 5 via stripper. But even if not you can use Entspy to raise them, without decompiling anything, I think?
Mazzo

Post by Mazzo » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:36 am

Saw these 3 maps that could be improved with hammer/stripper so thought i'd suggest some fixes

Surf_lithium_njv:
On s1 the telehop could be removed and a boost placed on the ramp, making it the same for everyone and stage/map times dont even need to be changed.

Surf_lithium2
Remove s1,s2 and s5 telehops that are really useless and make the map harder imo
Place a boost on s1 first ramp and s5 first ramp (ofc s5 start should be on the platform and not above it to prevent bhop+boost)
Make s5 last bhop consistent
These changes would probably need a stage/map times change as well

Surf_torque
Why is there even a bhop part between s3 and s4? Remove it
On s4 the start is the right one but using sm_teleport will teleport the player to a closer spot to the ramp, so use only one of these 2 start places.
These changes would probably need a stage/map times change as well
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:27 am

Thank you mazzo for reporting these maps, I added lithium2 to my list as I think lithum and torque can be taken care of using Stripper.

I request Deathly's and tordana's aproval on the stated before changes.

For surf_lt_omnific_fix, all is left to do is changing the slanted bhops on bonus 1 and the ending so it looks like css. I don't know how long it will take me but probably less long than all the rest. I will put at least one test1 version before releasing it to be sure everyone approves the changes I made/can suggest more things to adapt on it.
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:07 pm

Due to the map I ported being resized for uncrouched surfer instead of crouched surfer, most of the maps I ported are easier than they should be for the majority of the server's audience. The player height of a standing player in css is 63 hammer units, which is the same as the heighht of a crouched tf2 player. I resized for the standing height in tf2 which is 83 units (so i raised the headchecks by 20 units each istead of not raising them. So I'll have to work again on most of the maps I ported so far.

I updated the list accordingly.
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:56 am

Updated the list:

Today we do not know how a map should be resized because we do not know if a player resize plugin will be used on the servers or not. All the ports involving resizing will now be paused until a decision is taken.

As for the map resizement previously done on my other projects, I will leaves them as it is. Between resizing for uncrouched surfing, for crouched surfing with raised parts and for crouched surfing with no resized parts where people can crouch through in css, I decided that uncrouched surfing is the least bad option. In Team fortress 2, it is crouching that gives you an adantage in some parts and not uncrouching that is invalid over crouched surfing. Its not because crouched surfing is a "feature" tf2 has that uncrouched surfing should be removed all together: it is still a valid style of surfing. So I will consider the map previously done as completed and will wait for the resize plugin decision for the next ones.

Added surf_eclipse (that I might work on very soon as it does not need to be resized) and surf_lithium2 to the fixing list.
stig

Post by stig » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:54 pm

Shadow Sheep wrote:I decided that uncrouched surfing is the least bad option.
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:15 pm

One main message I forgot to mention in my previous post is that can always re-fix some critical maps if you think they are. It all depends on how many versions of one map you want me to create for this server. They for sure will be a lower priority than the not yet fixed ones, and will only be touched when we will know about the resize plugin.

Also, if you know I am always open to criticism and ready to discuss, why did you remove me on steam? If you want me to do the correct actions, at least give yourself the oportunity for me to understand them. This forum topis was and is still meant for you to tell me where, what and why things are wrong.
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:41 am

Alright, so I started to work on surf_eclipse_fix.

Should the telehop on stage 1 be kept or removed?