Maps I plan to fix (feel free to suggest)

Got a new map? Post it here!
ziddia

Re: Maps I plan to fix (feel free to suggest)

Post by ziddia » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:12 am

Remove s1 telehop, and remove s2 big skip imo. Both are sorta dumb
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:52 am

A big step forward ! :D

Fixd eclipse, omnific and sinsane. Now working on akai. Please post suggestions if you have any. I plan to make the map start at the boost part, make the end platform of the first part teleport you to the second part when you land on it and put the end at the end platform of stage two. I also think that the map should be staged.
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:31 am

Alright, I am working on surf_legendary_fix right now. This is my last planned hammer fix, but feel free to suggest more if I missed some other glitchy maps.

I want to know if I should implement the telehop from stage 3 end to stage 4 ike they have in counter-strike source. Failing stage 4 doesn't allow you to telehop (like the surf_kitsune_final setup).

Please let me know what you think using this strawpoll or just by posting your thoughts below.

Thank you in advance (if no one gives me his point of view, then I will keep not telehopable).
ziddia

Post by ziddia » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:40 am

Shadow Sheep wrote:Alright, I am working on surf_legendary_fix right now. This is my last planned hammer fix, but feel free to suggest more if I missed some other glitchy maps.

I want to know if I should implement the telehop from stage 3 end to stage 4 ike they have in counter-strike source. Failing stage 4 doesn't allow you to telehop (like the surf_kitsune_final setup).

Please let me know what you think using this strawpoll or just by posting your thoughts below.

Thank you in advance (if no one gives me his point of view, then I will keep not telehopable).
KSF actually removed the telehop, I don't think it should be there anyways
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:22 pm

I updated the download links of all of my map releases that got uplaoded so far to the Resurfed download link so they never "expire", are always available and don't require to switch tab to get the download going (except for surf_halloween_njv which I cannot get Egan to test at all even though I give him the fix pretty often and bhop_eazy that aparently didn't get uploaded yet).

It would be cool if you guys could give me feedback on the last maps so I can finally switch to porting maps that we actually don't have! :D
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Tue May 17, 2016 5:47 pm

I finished all the maps I had to fix!! (except not really because now I have to work on surf_commune_too_beta5).

I am very happy to have been able to help making maps fair and enjoyable for everyone playing them.

There should also be a link thrown by server messages pointing to here so people can easily report broken maps in the future.
FlamboyantFaustino

Post by FlamboyantFaustino » Wed May 18, 2016 3:35 pm

If I could, I'd suggest surf_paranoid_enigma.

I think it's stage 4 that has the rotating blockers and the low grav. Imo the blockers should be removed as they are RNG and can really mess up a nofail run or wrcp, and if you !teleport to the start of the stage in the low-grav section, you stay in low-grav until you fail the stage. Idk if thats the map design or something that can be fixed in stripper/hammer, but it's fairly annoying.
not_a_zombie

Post by not_a_zombie » Wed May 18, 2016 7:38 pm

Don't worry faustino, it's just been fixed :)
FlamboyantFaustino

Post by FlamboyantFaustino » Mon May 23, 2016 5:56 pm

I talked with zombie about this, but surf_ny_advance_b5 can use a huge fix.

Pretty sure a couple wrcps on that map are cboosted, and there is literally a backwards bhop in the map somehow.
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Sun May 29, 2016 10:18 am

Alright, I guess I'll port again surf_skill8 because of the missing obstacles (I think I wiill port all the three versions of it at once, easy, medium and hard). I will also port surf_ny_advance too. Thank you flamboyant for reporting this map, please tell your friends to do the same.