Maps you want to see on the servers

Got a new map? Post it here!
Insomnia

Re: Maps you want to see on the servers

Post by Insomnia » Fri May 20, 2016 11:50 pm

asscmalt wrote:it seems like some decent maps are being missed because they aren't as well known.
That would be what the custom part is for, you may write your own custom answer if you see a map that's not on there that you would like to see in resurfed.
Contact me - Steam
asscmalt

Post by asscmalt » Sat May 21, 2016 12:43 am

I was more just trying to pick out maps already on the list that are actually imo pretty good, but not doing to well on votes. I guess they could be doing bad because people don't actually like them, but a few of them just aren't played enough on ksf for everyone to be aware of them.
Farron.

Post by Farron. » Sat May 21, 2016 12:48 am

asscmalt wrote: I guess they could be doing bad because people don't actually like them, but a few of them just aren't played enough on ksf for everyone to be aware of them.
That and there are so many maps on the list they just get drowned in the ocean of shitty maps
What's a signature?
Nastybutler

Post by Nastybutler » Sat May 21, 2016 1:41 pm

Shadow Sheep wrote:The goal of this thread again is to get as many people to share what maps they want to see on the server.

If everyone on the server wants surf_lodypreview in, then it means that we should satisfy that need accordingly because of the demand.

I will try my best to port the maps that are requested, even if that requires some effort.

Here the goal is, the opinions first, then the porting problems and technical difficulties: not the reverse!

That wasn't what I was trying to do...was making a list of things that I'VE worked on, so if you do get to those maps, you'll know what to expect. That's all.

And yeah, like malt said above, a lot of those maps aren't played very often and aren't well known, so if people don't vote for them, they won't make it on the servers...and that's us missing out on some awesome maps.
[Owner] -DB!- tordana: meet me in the playground after school
Nastybutler

Post by Nastybutler » Sat May 21, 2016 1:43 pm

Insomnia wrote:

THIS is surf_iceworld. Super rad map. Would love to play it in TF2.

...well then they'd need to change the name. Because the original surf_iceworld is a cheezy ass map that came out a very long time ago, and was used in the compilation of classics.
[Owner] -DB!- tordana: meet me in the playground after school
not_a_zombie

Post by not_a_zombie » Sat May 21, 2016 3:42 pm

The stage in classics was surf_icecavern, not surf_iceworld.
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Sat May 21, 2016 8:17 pm

Also in case you are worried, the fact that I can edit the options of the poll easily makes it so having maps not famous being ignored a temporaly problem.

If a map gets succesfully implemented on the server, I'll remove it from the poll and so each other map has its chance compared to it.

I can also add any maps I missed to it, and that without losing any vote.

I also did set it so you can vote once every hour at most, so if later on you realize that one of the maps you didn't know about before is amazing, you can come back and check that one out on the poll.

So far, seems like surf_mesa_mine, surf_mesa_aether and surf_ethereal are in high demand. I guess your port zombie will be greatly welcome!
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Sun May 29, 2016 10:44 am

Removed surf_ethereal from the poll as this map is now available to play on the servers. I added surf_3, surf_cubic, surf_colum, surf_exurbia2, surf_noble, surf_sup_ to be able to vote on the poll.

The only issue there is with surf_classics2 is that the maxvelocity shouldn't be 10000 sincen none of the maps included in the compilation needs this setting. The boost on the surf_glalaxy part are also present in the tf2 deathmatch port, so I honetly see litteraly no issue with adding this map to the intermediate server.

I plan to port surf_mesa_mine and surf_mesa_aether.

Also, the whole point of this poll is to make it accessible from the server. This project will fail miserably if each person that has an opinion has to implicitly find this thread on the internet to be able to vote. Please someone make this possible.
skip tracer

Post by skip tracer » Tue May 31, 2016 8:27 pm

classics2 if i'm not mistaken is set to 8000 maxvel in css which is wacky! but that's from all the telehops. they stink! it's one of my least favorite bad maps* so i have no idea what would and wouldn't be possible if it was 3500. it might be more fun at 3500 for all i know

*most least favorite is molstration
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:25 pm

Everything on surf_classics2 is possible with maxvelocity to 3500 u/s, which means that if you touch litteraly nothing the map is good to be uploaded on the intermediate server.