Tier 3 semi-staged map with featuring 5 stages and one bonus.
Video showing unity's run of bhop_arcane_v2 in counter strike source:
- Ported the map from the counter strike source map file.
- Resized the map porperly for the team fortress 2 player model proportions (grid stage had various spots made easier than they should have been).
- Tunnels of stage 2 have grass props now!
- The iceskating parts of stage 5 now work consistently.
- Made all the 1 units tall triggers 2 units in order to prevent bouncehop exploits
- Switched the room where you get teleported in order to get stopped before getting sent back to the level you failed from getting you stuck inside a playerclip for a split second (which sometimes lets you keep your speed) to being trapped inside a tiny hollow room of which you hit the sides of. You can still warps stages around if you noclip too fast though! ^^
- I decided to re-add the lasers on the clips, but not in the tree room of stage 2, since I figured people have access to showtriggers now and that this skip is pretty well known now.
- Added a bonus1_start trigger in front of the doors behind spawn teleporting to various stages. That way when you go through them, you have no chance of getting a stage completion time.
- All the rotating entities of the map now spin forever without getting stopped.
- Added fallbacks for the ice and waterfall refract textures to allow people running mat_dxlevel 80 to run the map in good conditions.
Since the day I discovered the water trick to make people not lose speed on the iceskating track, I had in mind a _fix for this project whenever I will have found a better solution. It took me years to discover that trick, but now here it is back again, even with grass sprite I couldn't manage to implement without making the game crash at the time ^^ (it was my first actual map port, and I don't think it has aged as badly as I would have anticipated). I called this _v2 because the css community has also created a _v2 for this map which fixes game mechanics in order to make them more consistent for speedrunning (this port is from _v1 though). And this fix follow the spirit of having a map improved that runs better for everyone.