Testers needed?

Got a question or a tutorial?
ziddia

Testers needed?

Post by ziddia » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:44 pm

Just looking for some people to test some ports for me! I have 2 now + more to come.

Maps are unoptimized and possibly not resized well, which is why they're in testing!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yimv6l0m7pzix ... 2.bsp?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h22p69fersvy6 ... n.bsp?dl=0
Nastybutler

Re: Testers needed?

Post by Nastybutler » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:24 am

I wasn't going to port syria_again because it HAS to be resized perfectly...I can not stress that enough. One slip of any re-sizing effort and it'll just wind up turning into surf_syria.
[Owner] -DB!- tordana: meet me in the playground after school
ziddia

Post by ziddia » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:01 am

Nastybutler wrote:I wasn't going to port syria_again because it HAS to be resized perfectly...I can not stress that enough. One slip of any re-sizing effort and it'll just wind up turning into surf_syria.
Yeah that's why I'm looking for people who actually know the map to test it. I don't know it well enough to test myself really.
gakodude

Post by gakodude » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:59 am

I can test syra_again if u like. Though I may have trouble to download the constant tweaks/updates done to it. But can give you a general idea of how it feels since I have completed the map before.
ziddia

Post by ziddia » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:10 am

gakodude wrote:I can test syra_again if u like. Though I may have trouble to download the constant tweaks/updates done to it. But can give you a general idea of how it feels since I have completed the map before.
Would be greatly appreciated! Only thing I've resized so far is the starting weave thing so idk if the end is right. I'll message you via steam
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:54 am

I ported surf_syria_again.

I just have to mess around with the boost of s3.

I didn't take a look at the version you sent, but I resized everything and removed the jail.

So tell me if you are interested.
ziddia

Post by ziddia » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:44 pm

Shadow Sheep wrote:I ported surf_syria_again.

I just have to mess around with the boost of s3.

I didn't take a look at the version you sent, but I resized everything and removed the jail.

So tell me if you are interested.
Ok alright. I'll scrap this one if you've already got it all finished. I think s3 boost is good as it is but you just need to move the headcheck up a little.
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:08 pm

My problem isn't the headcheck since I resized everything already.

But I don't feel like the boost behaves like it should since you fall a bit short on the ramp. The way I have it fixed make it very exploit friendly.

Not sure what to do (I could just increase the poxer of the default boost maybe).
ziddia

Post by ziddia » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:12 pm

Shadow Sheep wrote:My problem isn't the headcheck since I resized everything already.

But I don't feel like the boost behaves like it should since you fall a bit short on the ramp. The way I have it fixed make it very exploit friendly.

Not sure what to do (I could just increase the poxer of the default boost maybe).
I found the default boost worked fine if you bhopped off of it. And it could work without a bhop but yeah it was really low and awkward. Tbh I think it's fine to keep it as default, even though it puts you a bit low on the ramp since people who can finish the map can also definitely recover from a bit of a short boost?
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:19 pm

Do you want me to upload the version I have worked on so you can see what is not resized/needs to be done? (nasty's message is very scary even though I really payed attention to details).