MY opinion on the current state of the server.

General ReSurfed talk goes here!
niyhMfan1

MY opinion on the current state of the server.

Post by niyhMfan1 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:04 am

Since i am czech and it's hard for me to talk english, I will use google translate while saying what i am saying.
ReSurfed always seemed to be a great place for competition but alot of pro surfers left to ksf for some reason,
and I do not wanna say which are the reasons for that unless everyone had different reasons anyways.

---

The Competition is absolutely dead due to current rank1 surfer Rez.
This guy literally ruins the competetion but also the fun of hunting once this guy
manages to find new way everytime someone beats his record and it's unfun beign forever beaten by -0.01
because he manages to bhop a new ramp. After time, people will just give up and don't even try to compete with him,
personally I think having that high amount of world records is not normal and there must be something wrong.

---

Propp hop, I don't exactly get what it is. Same with c-boost (laughing my fucking ass off, I always though prehop is bhopping the startzone,
but there is NOT definiton of "prophopp", TheDeathly once told me in pm its "gay sc").
He keeps getting pushed back times because he thinks someone before him already did a good time(speculation, maybe admins may think the same).
My friend recently told me he also gets pushed back times for no single reason.
surf_amp_apex s3 -
I get removed very good time beating Saxton. Because Saxton was so good at surf (I definitelly agree), then guys with names Blox, stig and other clowns
I cannot remember just decide it is cheated because they werent able to beat it themselves with a shit run. So yeah, i did cboost it I guess.
(They did use sc that wasn't faster)
surf_orbion s3-
My time was removed for "prophopp", becuasuse I managed to skip the boost and before the end bhop the light and jump to the end.
My time was removed then and some time later after I was banned, most of top5 times are having the same route, so i guess some good
surfed found it and it's ok?
The story when i was banned for "c-boosting" on mash-up s6, after i took it, i immediately told the admin that the triggers are really bad and that I
did crouch-walk on the boost so it is legit, I did not spam crouch to abuse the booster. Well, i come back after some time and everyone does it
same as on s9. How come it is fine now?
surf_fruits s2-
It was removed for no particicuĺar reason again and I don't get informated why it was removed.
surf_deathstar s5-
Very recently we were battling it out with rez for s5 on deathstar, I consider myself winning the battle once his time was lagged.
Well, admins removed both and I went on discord to ask why it was. Rez just said it was lagged so without admins watching the replay or something themselves, they remove my
time too based on rez's sentence "i think it is, i had much better looking runs but finished slower". I know i can just quit if i do not wanna respect you, but who exactly you are to decide that
was cheated or no? Admins lacks of experience but also most of normal people so they think Rez is just too good and don't even try and notice how bad some records are.
I could continue with soo many stages but i think it is enough, so please decide what is good or not. You keep making gay shortcuts bad, then you
allow or you totally remove them (example timewarp s2, but the thing really confuses me, boring s10 is fine?).
Now I am gonna remind something even more hilarious, there are soo many maps/stages/bonuses with bad startzones that are so bad you cannot prestrafe to not get warned for exceeding
the max velocity speed. Why You cannot fix it (I am not reminding if you do decent prestrafe on normal stage, you get warned too)?
Yes, I could do alot of "Bug reports" and "Feature requests" posts on forums but there would be an infinite amount of them I will not do.

---

I keep getting harassed by rookies on the server that say i am f@#*=´g toxic bearz and terrible guy. It is on every single server though, althrugh I've never ever
ever talked to them or even seen them. My official message to you is fffk you, as always the same someone says it. If im getting verbally abused from them and I am gonna
say something to defend myself, the admins are so same and support them. SOME admins are literally so bad i do not even know how they can be admins, (I do not know if Luke is trolling
or simply doesn't understand someone doesn't want to talk to him) they literally laugh at me "report me for admin abuse but everoyne hates u anyways" as they know nothing would happen to them.
I ain't doing anything about is since I do notwanna help this server in any ways (even if i still love it because of reasons i will say later), and it just pretty much shows how FUCKED the server is.

---

Seriously, you admins should notice that a lot of people still play on the server not because the community but because surf is such an amazing and complex thing that you are
just gonna addict to. There is an other game called League of Legends and people also play it so for much different reasons than liking the game but because of playing their
favourite champion. For me, the main reason I still play there is surfing with my friends on the server, and if someone of them moves to somewhere else, I would move
also with them. And the second reason is that i keep playing my favourite maps and stages (which is the similar to LoL community with champions). I know it is highly in
your forces to improve the server.

---

All things i said are my opinions and speculations and I, to be honest dont even care for your answers since I will not change my opinion anyways.
asscmalt

Re: MY opinion on the current state of the server.

Post by asscmalt » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:23 pm

idk about the other stuff, I don't pay attention to times - but you can report toxic players on the the forums/discord. You said you don't want to put effort into improving the servers, which is fine - but just posting a chat log will go a long way.
Xbman

Post by Xbman » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:00 pm

niyhMfan1 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:04 am
The Competition is absolutely dead due to current rank1 surfer Rez.
This guy literally ruins the competetion but also the fun of hunting once this guy
manages to find new way everytime someone beats his record and it's unfun beign forever beaten by -0.01
because he manages to bhop a new ramp. After time, people will just give up and don't even try to compete with him,
personally I think having that high amount of world records is not normal and there must be something wrong.
Tf2 has always been the more casual surf game, and rez isn't to blame for people not trying to compete. A lot of the surf community come from competitive or casual TF2, not many people just launch the game for surf. The base game for CSS is pretty much dead so most of the people who play on that game are people who only want to surf. Many people use rez as a scapegoat for the dying servers because he is willing to put in more time and effort than most people. That is not something we should be discouraging.
niyhMfan1 wrote:
My time was removed for "prophopp", becuasuse I managed to skip the boost and before the end bhop the light and jump to the end.
My time was removed then and some time later after I was banned, most of top5 times are having the same route, so i guess some good
surfed found it and it's ok?
The story when i was banned for "c-boosting" on mash-up s6, after i took it, i immediately told the admin that the triggers are really bad and that I
did crouch-walk on the boost so it is legit, I did not spam crouch to abuse the booster. Well, i come back after some time and everyone does it
same as on s9. How come it is fine now?
All of these could have been discussed with the admins that issued them, I couldn't provide information on any of that but I think you have a misunderstanding on what the exploits are. Prophops are when you bhop or jump out of a start zone off of something that wasn't intended to be used in that way. Doing any exploit is not "fine now". The rules have not changed, only the amount of people around to report and enforce them. There is currently only two or three people active who can remove cheated times and if they are never reported we likely won't get to them.
niyhMfan1 wrote:
surf_fruits s2-
It was removed for no particicuĺar reason again and I don't get informated why it was removed.
Who removed them? When did this happen? Are you mentioning them to try and get them resolved or just for the sake of complaining?
niyhMfan1 wrote:
Admins lacks of experience but also most of normal people so they think Rez is just too good and don't even try and notice how bad some records are.
I could continue with soo many stages but i think it is enough, so please decide what is good or not. You keep making gay shortcuts bad, then you
allow or you totally remove them (example timewarp s2, but the thing really confuses me, boring s10 is fine?).
Now I am gonna remind something even more hilarious, there are soo many maps/stages/bonuses with bad startzones that are so bad you cannot prestrafe to not get warned for exceeding
the max velocity speed. Why You cannot fix it (I am not reminding if you do decent prestrafe on normal stage, you get warned too)?
Yes, I could do alot of "Bug reports" and "Feature requests" posts on forums but there would be an infinite amount of them I will not do.
If you're not sure about a shortcut being allowed, ask someone. If something is broken on a map then maybe report it. If you're not going to do either of those things then I don't know what you expect to happen. Surprisingly enough saying "all startzones suck" isn't much help. We are limited on admins, most are inactive and there isn't really a community to choose new ones from. Expecting two admins with jobs and school to rework every issue on every map when they aren't even reported is kind of extreme, and us failing to do so does not stem from lack of experience.
niyhMfan1 wrote:
I keep getting harassed by rookies on the server that say i am f@#*=´g toxic bearz and terrible guy. It is on every single server though, althrugh I've never ever
ever talked to them or even seen them. My official message to you is fffk you, as always the same someone says it. If im getting verbally abused from them and I am gonna
say something to defend myself, the admins are so same and support them. SOME admins are literally so bad i do not even know how they can be admins, (I do not know if Luke is trolling
or simply doesn't understand someone doesn't want to talk to him) they literally laugh at me "report me for admin abuse but everoyne hates u anyways" as they know nothing would happen to them.
I ain't doing anything about is since I do notwanna help this server in any ways (even if i still love it because of reasons i will say later), and it just pretty much shows how FUCKED the server is.
If you aren't going to report any of this, provide chat logs or any form of proof of any of this, I will assume none of it happened and completely ignore this entire "paragraph".
niyhMfan1 wrote:
I know it is highly in your forces to improve the server.
Do you want the servers to improve or not?
niyhMfan1 wrote:
to be honest dont even care for your answers since I will not change my opinion anyways.
So why did you write this?
niyhMfan1

Post by niyhMfan1 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:49 pm

what a hero cutting parts out, these posts are completely pointless but let me do the same and tell you why i dont care about your post like about the server (i guess you agree with others then lol)..
"The base game for CSS is pretty much dead so most of the people who play on that game are people who only want to surf"
i am really not sure if you even play css but i guess you dont else you wouldnt say such a bullshh... there are so fucking much more points that make "css dead" compared to tf2 and let me think a bit, WAIT, you will not care anyways cuz you know everything, why i think that? let's skip all the other things you said which you think are correct
"If you aren't going to report any of this, provide chat logs or any form of proof of any of this, I will assume none of it happened and completely ignore this entire "paragraph"."
that made me laugh a lot, complete joke xd i do not wanna prove anything, i do not care and even if i make alot of posts of it, posts would get removed (not the first time it would happen because it was considered "spam", right?)
on this server you can be banned for a short time for not extending for 30 minutes (extending map vote, typing 've" and voting yes in the vote, you get banned for voting no btw) or be banned for saying one thing
"Thanks, completion on surf_technique means alot to me", i think whoever said that remembers that else i do not remember him, thats the only thing i said to him since i met him the first time
you do not even say anything to me if you are basically saying i am lying