-ReSurfed- Community Surf Video Announcement - Read Thoroughly!

General ReSurfed talk goes here!
Insomnia

-ReSurfed- Community Surf Video Announcement - Read Thoroughly!

Post by Insomnia » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:10 am

Hey ReSurfed!

Ziddia and I have been planning a community wide surf video that will showcase the skill of a whole bunch of players in ReSurfed. The goal here is to get as many stage/bonus submissions as we possibly can in order to give every player the opportunity to show their skills, and to bring the community together for a project that everyone can submit their own things to.

Submissions will only be accepted in a recorded demo format - a .DEM file, to be more specific. If you don't know how to record a demo in TF2, check out this link for information: https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Help:Recording_demos

That being said, there are some rules that need to be followed in order for your submission to be accepted:
  • -It is RECOMMENDED that each person submit a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 10 demos. (Please note - it is to be accepted that the possibility of all of your demos being added to the final cut may be slim, depending on how many submissions we recieve.)

-Submissions are to be posted in this thread through a dropbox link or google docs link. If you're going to post a link, make sure all of your demos are attached so we can mark the author as being you.

-We are ONLY accepting stage or bonus clips. Short linear maps do not count. We would also rather not include super long stages, like in the Overgrowth maps or Elysium maps.

-Any player of any skill level can submit, but if your demo doesn't look good or has errors it may be rejected. We will contact you personally if this is the case, so you have a chance to re-record.

-The deadline for submissions is February 7th.
Both Ziddia and I will be including demos, but we've prepared ours ahead of time. The recordings we've already taken for ourselves are:
  • -Surf_calamity_njv: Stage 5
    -Surf_ember: Stage 4
    -Surf_exocube: Stage 4
    -Surf_ing: Bonus 1
    -Surf_interceptor: Stage 5
    -Surf_kitsune2: Bonus 3
    -Surf_legendary: Stage 7
    -Surf_loentra: Bonus 2
    -Surf_map: Bonus
    -Surf_nightmare: Stage 5
    -Surf_omnibus: Stage 11
    -Surf_royal: Stage 5
    -Surf_sinister: Stage 5
    -Surf_unreal2 Bonus 1
We would ask that you please don't record anything you see on that list. Other than that, anything goes! Make sure to submit your recordings in the thread and by the deadline.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact myself or Ziddia at:

Insomnia - http://steamcommunity.com/id/yofslow/
Ziddia - http://steamcommunity.com/id/ziddia/

Happy surfing!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update: Reserved stages can be found here - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Pju ... sp=sharing

If you want to do a stage, but are unsure if it's been reserved or not, check the document.

Also, it is no longer a requirement, but a recommendation that each person have 4-10 demos. This will make things better in terms of restrictions, because people can still technically do any number of demos they want.

Thanks again!
Last edited by Insomnia on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
Contact me - Steam
Mazzo

Re: -ReSurfed- Community Surf Video Announcement

Post by Mazzo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:18 am

Mmh just stages and bonuses? Wouldn't it be cool with some tricks as well? Like the skill tricks video of nightmaresurf to give an idea.
Tr1ps

Post by Tr1ps » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:22 am

Sounds interesting, i'll definitely try and find some stages to submit
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:27 am

Mazzo wrote:Mmh just stages and bonuses? Wouldn't it be cool with some tricks as well? Like the skill tricks video of nightmaresurf to give an idea.
Maybe if we had a tricksurf server, but for this video in particular we'd just like stages and bonuses.
Contact me - Steam
Tr1ps

Post by Tr1ps » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:48 am

Why do you have to be on a tricksurfing server to do a trick? Its obviously up to you but there are some really cool looking tricks out there, that can add an interesting touch to your movie.
Mazzo

Post by Mazzo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:49 am

Exactly!! Indeed the video i said is about tricks done in skillsurf maps
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:51 am

Tr1ps wrote:Why do you have to be on a tricksurfing server to do a trick? Its obviously up to you but there are some really cool looking tricks out there, that can add an interesting touch to your movie.
I'll go over it with Ziddia and see what he thinks.
Contact me - Steam
Tr1ps

Post by Tr1ps » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 am

Using this post as a list of the stages that I've done to avoid doubling up and getting multiple recordings of the same stage, will update as i do them
1. Exile s3
2. Nightmare s2
3.surf_2012 s2 skip
4.Unreal2 s1
5. Syria_again s8 skip
Last edited by Tr1ps on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Donkey

Post by Donkey » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:06 am

I'm thinking of doing reprise bonus 2 with a no angle spin for the start and finishing it normally, would that be any good for the video?
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:33 am

Donkey wrote:I'm thinking of doing reprise bonus 2 with a no angle spin for the start and finishing it normally, would that be any good for the video?
I don't see why not, but I don't exactly know what that is. Do you mean you're just not gonna use the beginning boost?
Contact me - Steam