-ReSurfed- Community Surf Video Announcement - Read Thoroughly!

General ReSurfed talk goes here!
Insomnia

Re: -ReSurfed- Community Surf Video Announcement - Read Thoroughly!

Post by Insomnia » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:03 am

Mazzo wrote:
TheDeathly wrote:I did a bit of work on the STV uploader and there shouldn't be anymore lost demos. Tomorrow I will setup a server for people who want to contribute to the surf video to use so they can get on their maps easier.
Sorry for my ignorance but what is this server for? Will it record demos without that wierd ping effect that online demos have?
It's so people can play the maps and record the demos they need without the need to wait for the map cooldown or a map switch.
Contact me - Steam
PK

Post by PK » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:14 am

What about something like the second or third segment of akai? The map is linear but has distinct parts, and it has a cool bhop that classics s7 doesn't.
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:42 am

PK wrote:What about something like the second or third segment of akai? The map is linear but has distinct parts, and it has a cool bhop that classics s7 doesn't.
Seems like that would fit somewhere in the bonus video.
Contact me - Steam
Mazzo

Post by Mazzo » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:02 am

Insomnia wrote:
Mazzo wrote:
TheDeathly wrote:I did a bit of work on the STV uploader and there shouldn't be anymore lost demos. Tomorrow I will setup a server for people who want to contribute to the surf video to use so they can get on their maps easier.
Sorry for my ignorance but what is this server for? Will it record demos without that wierd ping effect that online demos have?
It's so people can play the maps and record the demos they need without the need to wait for the map cooldown or a map switch.
I thought playing them offline was a quicker alternative
Arkawhale

Post by Arkawhale » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:34 am

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:48 am

Mazzo wrote:
Insomnia wrote:
Mazzo wrote:
I thought playing them offline was a quicker alternative
Listen servers don't have the bhop plugin, at least not for most people.
Contact me - Steam
TheDeathly

Post by TheDeathly » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:32 pm

Mazzo wrote:
Basically client side demo recordings aren't always the greatest. STV records it server side, so they are much better overall.
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:45 pm

Hey everybody! Just wanted to put out a reminder that ALL video demos are due TOMORROW. Once it turns February 8th in all time zones, we won't be able to accept any more demos because all of our time is going to go towards producing the video.

Thanks to everyone who's participated so far!
Contact me - Steam
spalex

Post by spalex » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:12 am

surf_liberation stage 3 tick 67100 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8tPb ... zJuMHlQLUE
surf_torque stage 2 tick 115900 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8tPb ... zJyTWhqOU0
surf_miracle stage 5 tick 203600 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8tPb ... Uo3bTJTaE0
(the demo is kind of broken, but you should still be able to view it though it doesn't show the total tick amount, I really hope this one works!)
surf_healthy stage 4 tick 379050
surf_healthy stage 5 tick 205700 (these 2 have the same demo) https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8tPb ... zl1ck1JTlk
surf_voteforthisone bonus 1 tick 474300 https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8tPb ... XJJcGJzcEk
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:29 pm

Hey, here are the demos I recorded (hope its not too many):
  • surf_acp stage 6 fast way
  • surf_antimatter stage 5
  • surf_apollonian stage 8
  • surf_diamond_beta2 stage 4
  • suurf_forbidden_tomb3 stage 6
  • surf_nyze stage 3
  • surf_sinister bonus
  • surf_stonework3 stage 4, 5 and 7
  • surf_treefort stage 5, 6 (recorded offline with the bhop plugin showing the speed in %, hope it can be hideable when rendering the video if you use it)
  • surf_vale stage 3
  • surf_voteforthisone bonus 2 fast way
All the ticks at which the runs start are in the name of the referring demo so you don't have to look though hours of replay to find them. its written like this:

sheep_mapName_part(s)OfTheMap_tick(s)_tickNumber(s).dem

Good luck for the movie! I had a lot of fun making these! :lol:

download link: Shadow Sheep's demos