Next month will be a month were you can express your mapping creative ideas and hopefully surprise us with your hidden talents! Each participant should submit one surfing stage. They will be evaluated by the judging team and the winners will get a prize!
The theme for this contest is hope.
The theme is very open on purpose in order to allow a lot of freedom for the people who want to enter the contest. If the stages submitted are nice enough, I will create a collab map called surf_hope, which will be most likely showcased at Tip of The Hats 2017 charity stream. If I have to perform any modification to your stage in order to make it fit in the global map, I will personnaly contact you to discuss.
- Gameplay (50%): How fun your stage feels to surf.
- Aesthetics (50%): How beatiful your stage looks like.
- Event starts at 00:00:00 CEST on Friday 30th June and ends at 23:59:59 CEST on Monday 31st July. Make sure you submit in this forum thread or on the #mapping-corner section of the discord your map file before the end of the event.
- You must start from an empty hammer project.
- Don't copy things from other map projects that have been started before Friday 30th June 2017 CEST. That includes, but is not limited to: ramps (hammer brush and models) and detailing props (brush based). Custom textures, sounds, particles from existing projects are okay to use. Stock models from source games as well as models available online that don't come from maps are okay to use as long as they are not surf ramps.
- No skybox texture restriction, no eye exposure restriction, not water Level Of Detail restriction, no light_environnement restriction. You are free to come with anything you want.
- You can do a collaboration work between several other people in order to submit your stage, as long as you only submit one stage together.
- Hellish Inferno Taunt: Mannrobics | A copy of Player Unknown's Battlegrounds | & 50$
- Infermal Smoke Taunt: The High Five! | A copy of Player Unknown's Battlegrounds | & 25$
- A copy of Player Unknown's Battlegrounds | & $25
Good luck everyone, and don't forget: Don't Give Up on Your Dream, Keep on Sleeping!