More in depth guide for submitting tricks

General ReSurfed talk goes here!
Rez

More in depth guide for submitting tricks

Post by Rez » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:08 am

If you want to enter the trick surfing competition that i mentioned in my last post, heres a better explanation for how to do it:

First You need to do your trick on one of the US servers, it can be any of the US servers, just not an EU or AUS server. Then you have to rtv or just wait for the map to eventually change

Next you need to go to stv.resurfed.com

Once you get there you should be able to choose from AUS EU or US, so choose US

Then you just need to select whatever server you did the trick on, so if you did it on the advanced server you would select advanced.

Once youve selected the server you need to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list.

This list is basically a list of recordings of all the maps played in the last week. So you need to find which map and date you did your trick on.

If you just did the trick right before this step, then it will probably be at the very bottom of the list.

Once youve found the correct demo from the list, you need to click it and download it. You can save it anywhere you want as long as you remember where. (make sure you leave the site open)

Then you need to go to the console in tf2 and type demoui and press enter

When you press enter, a small window should pop up that looks like this https://gyazo.com/1d123353a272859148c17c599e0f5c2c

To load the demo you just need to click "load" at the top of the demoui, and you will need to find the demo in the location that you saved it to, then load it.

Near the bottom of it you should see that it says "tick" with some numbers next to it.

Ticks are basically a measurement of time in a demo, so you need to search through the demo and find where your trick begins, and you need to take note of what tick is starts at. You can click play to start it, and you can also speed it up near where it says "100%" and you can also use the "goto" box to go to a certain tick. So if the demo is like 100000 ticks long and you know the trick is near the end, you could put 95000 in the goto box and click goto, which will just skip ahead for you.

Then you need to go back to stv.resurfed.com where you downloaded the demo and you need to right click it this time instead of left clicking, and you need to click "copy link" or anything similar to that.

Then you need to go to my original forum post (there will be a link at the bottom of this post to it) and you need to create a reply to it

In the reply, all you need to do is paste that link that you copied, then you need to tell me what tick the trick starts at, and you need to link your steam profile.

I know this all probably sounds like a ton of work, but really it could take less than 5 minutes to do. I just wanted to be very clear about how to submit your trick so everyone will have a chance to enter.

If you have any questions feel free to add me on steam and message me about it https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198125263578/
i dont mind answering questions or even walking you through the entire thing if you need me to so dont be shy.

This is my original forum post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1970