Surf Movies

General ReSurfed talk goes here!
TeMP

Re: Surf Movies

Post by TeMP » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:47 pm

Epi wrote:Are you sure you want to have a long ass intro though? Do you want to be that guy?
This.

Personally I find any intro longer than 3-5 seconds too long.
Last edited by TeMP on Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10:45 PM - redc: i am no where near temp in anything
Tarzan The Jungleman

Post by Tarzan The Jungleman » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:53 pm

I'm going to make different versions so you guys can choose the best one.
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:23 pm

I don't think an intro for the video is required, or even appropriate.

The video itself is pretty much one of the only component of the YouTube page that doesn't say it is from Resurfed, and it is fine because that is not what the video is about. Its about the performance that is being accomplished in the video. If I take the nightmare surf channel for example, I think that having an intro/outro reminding the viewer that he is watching a video from nightmare-surf (even though the title, the description and the channel name says it) isn't necessary; its in fact redundant.

The only context I can see the resurfed logo being worth putting is if the community itself is being involved in the making of the video, for example the upcoming community movie (that is going to be awesome because its been worked on since almost 4 months).
Tarzan The Jungleman

Post by Tarzan The Jungleman » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:57 am

Shadow Sheep wrote:The only context I can see the resurfed logo being worth putting is if the community itself is being involved in the making of the video, for example the upcoming community movie
I second this.
ziddia

BHOP Movies??

Post by ziddia » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:59 am

Not me, posted by the same person who made the current TF2 bhop tutorial. Very nice run on eco_zones by Hypnotik. Hopefully we can get more good runs uploaded in the future!

e: also while I'm here, the sync plugin is very clearly broken in this video (and on EU server in general), but the very same plugin works fine on US. Does anyone know why that would be? probably some conflicting plugin right
Last edited by ziddia on Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:01 am

I'd really like to see STV demos set up for the bhop servers. That way we can also get some bhop stuff on the channel!
Contact me - Steam
ziddia

Post by ziddia » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:04 am

Insomnia wrote:I'd really like to see STV demos set up for the bhop servers. That way we can also get some bhop stuff on the channel!
Theyve actually been up for a while. Got em working on my own :P

should be under /US/bhop and /EU/bhop
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:05 am

ziddia wrote:
Insomnia wrote:I'd really like to see STV demos set up for the bhop servers. That way we can also get some bhop stuff on the channel!

Sweet! I don't know much about bhop though, so I don't particularly know when runs are going to be good runs. :P
Contact me - Steam
ziddia

Post by ziddia » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:07 am

Insomnia wrote:
ziddia wrote:

Sweet! I don't know much about bhop though, so I don't particularly know when runs are going to be good runs. :P
I'll give you a heads up if I see a good demo, can't make videos on my laptop right now (and uploading a video would take 48 hours, no exaggeration, anyway).
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:11 am

ziddia wrote:
Insomnia wrote:
ziddia wrote: Theyve actually been up for a while. Got em working on my own :P

I'll give you a heads up if I see a good demo, can't make videos on my laptop right now (and uploading a video would take 48 hours, no exaggeration, anyway).
Sounds good!
Contact me - Steam