The RTV situation (bad title)

Found a problem with the timer? Make a topic here.
Miju

The RTV situation (bad title)

Post by Miju » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:03 pm

Yoo.
So, I have been trying to 'rank up' on the servers lately by joining an empty server and going through my incomplete maps.
That did work about a week ago.
But lately I cannot RTV when I am alone on a server because it says that two votes are required.
Doing that there is noone on the server but me the SurfBOT and the ReSurfed STV.
I am not sure what causes this but I would be glad to have it fixed so I don't have to keep calling my friends in to RTV for me :)
I guess it has something to do with the STV or the BOT being added.

Thanks for hosting my favorite servers!
-Miju
not_a_zombie

Re: The RTV situation (bad title)

Post by not_a_zombie » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:07 pm

I'm not sure this is due to the bots on the server - it may be due to people connecting yet not showing up - type status in the console and it will show all those connected, including those who have not yet joined a team (including spectate).

Although yes, it is annoying that people who aren't quite connected or who are afk may prevent you from rtving or veing.
TheDeathly

Post by TheDeathly » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:46 pm

I was the one who modified the RTV plugin to require 2 votes when 2 people are on so I'll take a look at the source and see if for some reason it does count the bot/stv.
mr.gmmbearz

Post by mr.gmmbearz » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:47 pm

i actually cant explain it right too, but its not because of bot pretty sure :) u have to type retry in console then type !ve again so it should work
i only know it should be fixed and i even thought it is
TheDeathly

Post by TheDeathly » Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:17 pm

From my slight testing I can't seem to replicate it. Next time it happens let me know what you did in order to make it happen. For instance

1. Did all the other players disconnect leaving you alone, then it said it required 2 when you're alone.
2. Was the server empty and you joined, then it said it required 2.

I do know ve bugs like bearz said and you have to rejoin for it to fix it self. This might just be something similar.