bhop_challenjour

Found a problem with the timer? Make a topic here.
exeloar

bhop_challenjour

Post by exeloar » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:13 am

The bhop_challenjour map crashes my tf2, and I'm not sure if it's just me, but I never see anyone but the bots on the map, so maybe it's a widespread problem.
Shadow Sheep

Re: bhop_challenjour

Post by Shadow Sheep » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:50 am

I recommend you run the map using mat_dx_level 90 or higher.

This comes from the fact that most models are from csgo, which doesn't have a direct x 8 files for models, but only 9. I didn't know that at the time of porting that map, nor did I know about the consequences of these files not being present, but now I know and am being careful when porting csgo maps.

Sincere apologies.
exeloar

Post by exeloar » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:47 pm

I'm using dx 95 yet it still crashes for me, should I then just delete the map and have it redownload?
ziddia

Post by ziddia » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:02 am

Shadow Sheep wrote:I recommend you run the map using mat_dx_level 90 or higher.

This comes from the fact that most models are from csgo, which doesn't have a direct x 8 files for models, but only 9. I didn't know that at the time of porting that map, nor did I know about the consequences of these files not being present, but now I know and am being careful when porting csgo maps.

Sincere apologies.
Is there an easy fix for this? I can remove the models or something if they're non-essential to the map
Shadow Sheep

Post by Shadow Sheep » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:57 am

You need to see models for the bonus. They are prop_static so they are not entities you can remove, and even if you could, that makes the bonus impossible.

From what I played, the map doesn't make me crash, or the other people playing on it. From what I experienced when porting it though, having vertexlighting applied to some models makes the game crash when they try to render them with lighting. I had to disable that on the problematic props.

If you are using any different setting you think could have anything to do with the way you render models, please tell me because right now I can't see how you can manage to get a crash an not the other people.