Channel Promotion

Got a suggestion?
Insomnia

Channel Promotion

Post by Insomnia » Sun May 01, 2016 8:17 pm

I think it would be pretty cool to let all of the players on the servers know that ReSurfed has a YouTube channel, and not just the people on the forums. Since the channel now has a custom URL, which is what I've been waiting for to make this request, I think having a server message saying something along the lines of "Check out our YouTube channel by using the command !youtube." with the command taking you right to the channel page would promote the channel a lot.

I know Deathly said something to me about server messages being hard to make already, which is unfortunate. But my counter-argument to that is it would only need to be done once and probably never again. I can assume it works the same way as the command to take you to the tutorial video that Streebree made, so it really can't be that hard, right? And it would really help me and the channel out a lot. Maybe at some point we can even start to monetize videos if it goes well.

By the way, the new custom link is:
https://www.youtube.com/c/ReSurfedCommunityVideos.
Contact me - Steam
Epi

Re: Channel Promotion

Post by Epi » Mon May 02, 2016 7:28 am

It's easy as fuck. I'd do it if I wasn't a lazy cunt.
Insomnia wrote:Maybe at some point we can even start to monetize videos if it goes well.
Have fun contacting artists to get permission for their music.
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Mon May 02, 2016 8:15 am

Epi wrote:It's easy as fuck. I'd do it if I wasn't a lazy cunt.
Insomnia wrote:Maybe at some point we can even start to monetize videos if it goes well.
Right. Forgot about that part. Haha.
Contact me - Steam
tordana
Site Admin

Post by tordana » Tue May 03, 2016 2:46 pm

Insomnia wrote:
Epi wrote:It's easy as fuck. I'd do it if I wasn't a lazy cunt.
Right. Forgot about that part. Haha.
Royalty-free music does exist out there, but it usually sucks.
Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Tue May 03, 2016 5:08 pm

I think what I can do, instead of asking for permission for each and every upload, is just to monetize the more important videos. The showcase videos and video projects (or other non-world record videos that are less frequent but require more time to make) could be monetized using music that I've gotten permission from artists to use. The less important world record videos that take significantly less time to produce could be just for fun and uploaded to the channel whenever, without monetary benefits.
Contact me - Steam